Temperature and environmental control from < -195°C to 600°C with motorised XY sample manipulators, optimised for earth sciences
The MDSG600 is a motorised version of the THMSG600, arguably the most popular geology heating/freezing stage in the world.
The sample is motorised in X and Y directions by precision mico stepped motors that enable micron repeatable position resolution and position recall enabling a sample to be mapped in order to quickly relocate positions of interest, and carry out temperature controlled experiments significant to that point.
Unrivalled accuracy and control of temperature from < -195°C to 600°C enable the user to characterise fluid inclusions to better than 0.1°C and hold a stability of 0.001°C.
- Temperature Range -196°C to 600 °C
- Heating and cooling rates of 0.01 to 150°C/min
- Positional resolution of motors 0.05μm
- Position repeatability <3um
- 150 X,Y coordinates can be stored
- Max. 15mm motorized X,Y travel
- Manual & PC operation
- Definable sample scan area
- 7, 10 or 16mm (G7, G10 or G16) sample holders available
- Sample vibration eliminated over entire range of speeds
- Ventilated bottom window to eliminate condensation
- Novel low profile lid design for rapid lens change
- Extremely efficient use of liquid nitrogen
- Mounts directly on microscope substage using stage-clamps
- Objective lens working distance - 0.1mm to 4.9mm
- Condenser lens minimum working distance 12.7
- Light aperture - 1.3mm Ø for accurate sample temperatures
- Optional lid and cooling jacket for high magnification lenses