Temperature and environmental control from ambient to 1200°C
The TS1200 stage is ideally suited to the study of ceramics, metallurgy, materials
and geology at both high and low heating and cooling rates.
The sample is placed directly in the 10mm diameter ceramic crucible so that the
sample can be heated from underneath as well as from the sides. The T96 controller
enables the stage to heat samples at an impressive 200°C/min. Please note that this
stage is not suitable for samples that will flow when they melt.
The TS1200 can be ordered as a vacuum modified stage with vacuum connectors
and optional MV196 motorised valve unit enabling vacuum control within the stage.
Electrical connections can also be added to the TS1500 stage to enable measurement
of electrical properties during heating experiments.
- Temperature Range: ambient to 1200°C
- Heating rates from 1 to 200°C/min
- Temperature stability 1°C
- Type S Pt-10% Rh/Pt thermocouple
- Sample cup sizes: 10mm diameter x 5mm deep
- Objective lens minimum working distance: 8.6mm
- Condenser minimum working distance: 12.3mm
- Light aperture: 1.7mm for accurate sample temperature
- Suitable for transmitted and reflected light
- Quick-release gas connectors for atmospheric control
- Clamps directly to microscope substage
- Water cooling connections for stage lid and body
- Low mass for fast response in both heating and cooling
- Stage body size: l = 104mm, w = 95mm, height at optical centre: 21mm,
max. height at lid water outlet 40.8mm
- Stage weight: 0.5Kg