View fluorescence in the lab or the field! The Xite™ Fluorescence Flashlight System includes single-wavelength fluorescence excitation flashlights available with any of the five wavelengths in the NIGHTSEA line, paired with matching barrier filter glasses for maximum viewing contrast. Genotyping your transgenic organisms, screening cell cultures, inspecting parts with fluorescent penetrants, finding fluorescing critters in the field, … the Xite line provides what you need.
Xite flashlights –
- Tightly focused for a high intensity illumination spot
- Two power levels, plus unique flashing mode and battery status indication
- Add-on diffuser for a broader, smoother beam
- Each light paired with matching barrier filter glasses
- Compact and lightweight
- Rechargeable high capacity lithium ion battery
Included with each system
- Fluorescence excitation flashlight (your choice of one wavelength) with lanyard
- Matching barrier filter glasses with microfiber case for storage and cleaning
- Diffuser cap
- High capacity lithium ion battery
- Battery charger and USB charging cord
- Instruction sheet
- Padded foam shipping/carry/storage case
Add-on 15° diffuser cap provides a wider, softer beam
|Xite illumination spot,
Xite illumination spot,
Flashing mode for enhanced detection in ambient light
As bright as fluorescence may appear when you use an intense light source to view it in conditions of darkness, in most cases it actually tends to be a relatively weak effect that is easily masked by other light. If you try to find fluorescence when there is moderate ambient light (room light, sunlight, …), any fluorescing subject will respond to the excitation, but the response may be too weak to notice easily.
But there’s a trick – by making the excitation light source blink repetitively (a strobe effect), any fluorescence will blink at the same rate, while the illuminated background will not. This flickering increases the apparent contrast and thus increases detectability.
- Wavelength sets are named and color coded for the color of the excitation light, not the color of the emitted fluorescence.
|Barrier Filter Glasses
|UV – Ultraviolet
|360 – 380nm
|VI – Violet
|400 – 415nm
|RB – Royal Blue
|440 – 460nm
|RB-GO – Royal Blue, Green Only
|440 – 460nm
|500 – 560nm bandpass
|CY – Cyan
|490 – 515nm
|GR – Green
|510 – 540nm
- With the Royal Blue (RB) excitation we offer two options for filter glasses – longpass and bandpass.
Camera filter recommendations
If you want to use the Xite as a light source for fluorescence photography, we have prepared recommendations for compatible off-the-shelf camera filters.
- Dimensions – 13.5 cm long x 3.2 cm diameter (5.3 in x 1.26 in)
- Weight – 255g (9.0 oz) with battery
Note – the Xite flashlights are not suitable for underwater use