The Linkam Cryobiology System is the top of
the range turnkey solution for low
temperature biologists working at the
cutting edge of research, demanding
unrivalled temperature accuracy .
The BCS196 has been continually modified over the last 20 years as a result of
feedback from the world’s leading cryobiologists.
The sample can be easily moved in both X and Y directions using the precision
ground stainless steel manipulators, enabling the user to follow ice crystal growth
across the sample.
The seeding point on the side of the cooling element can be used to seed ice
crystal growth into the sample.
Unrivalled accuracy and control of temperature enable the user to characterise
low temperature sample morphology to better than 0.1°C and hold a stability
The response time to a ‘Hold’ or ‘Limit’ command where the temperature is
stable to 0.1°C is only 0.1 seconds at 30°C/min.
The rate of cooling affects ice crystal size and extremely fast cooling
completely changes ice structure. The BCS196 can be modified with a quench
cooling feature that enables you to push the sample from an isolated platform
onto the pre-cooled silver block and achieve cooling rates approaching 5000°C/min.
- Temperature range < -195°C to 125°C
- Controlled heating and cooling rates of 0.01°C to 150°C/min
- 16mm XY sample manipulation
- Designed for use with LINK software
- Nitrogen gas ventilated windows to eliminate condensation
- Novel low profile lid design for rapid lens change
- Efficient use of liquid nitrogen
- Stage body size 135mm x 92mm x 22.7mm
- Mounts directly on microscope substage using stage clamps
- Objective lens working distance 4.8mm
- Condenser lens minimum working distance 12.5mm
- Light aperture 1.3mm diameter for accurate sample temperatures
- Special lid available for short working distance objectives