Temperature and environmental control from < -195°C to 600°C optimised for earth sciences
The THMSG600 is based on the design of Linkam’s highly successful THMS600 stage
and has been modified specifically for geological applications.
Unrivalled accuracy and temperature control enable the user to characterise fluid
inclusions to better than 0.1°C and hold a stability of 0.001°C. The THMSG600 has a
temperature range of < -195°C to 600°C.
The response time to a ‘Hold’ or ‘Limit’ command where the temperature is stable to
0.1°C is only 0.1 seconds at 30°C/min.
The sample is placed on 7mm quartz cover slip. A pure silver lid can then be placed on
top to create an oven so the sample is heated from all sides, ensuring a perfectly
The LNP96 liquid nitrogen cooling pump is used to enable a wide range of cooling rates
from 0.01°C to 150°C/min. The highly efficient LNP96, using proprietary pumps and
tubing, controls the pumping rate to ensure that minimal liquid nitrogen is required
and a consistent smooth cooling curve is produced regardless of the selected rate.
The T96-LinkPad temperature controller with LCD touch screen is used to quickly
programme a temperature profile by simply tapping the onscreen controls. Heating
rates have also been increased up to 150°C/min to enable even faster characterisation.
To control the system from the PC and capture both data and digital images, upgrade
the system by adding intuitive LINK software.
- Temperature range < -195°C to 600°C
- Up to 150°C/min heating
- Temperature stability <0.1°C
- 16mm XY sample manipulation
- Sample area 22mm diameter
- Quick-release gas valves for atmospheric control
- Clamps directly to the microscope substage for stability
- 100 Ohm platinum resistor sensor
- Light aperture 1.3mm diameter
- Silver heating block for high thermal conductivity
- Direct injection of the coolant into the silver block
- Single ultra thin lid window 0.17mm
- Objective lens working distance 4.8mm
- Condenser lens minimum working distance 12.5mm
- The stage body can be cooled with a water cooling pump for high temperature
- Suitable for confocal, Laser Raman and X-ray
- Sample side loading without removing the stage lid
- Stage body size 135mm x 92mm x 21.7mm